Economic Development Manager
Execute and manage programs to ensure business retention and attract new businesses to Midland County. Collaborate with local and regional partners. Manage industrial parks. Act as an advocate in expanding new business development. Evaluate and recommend appropriate business site locations and expansions; provide technical development assistance to businesses, business organizations and community groups; analyze and implement economic development marketing concepts. Some knowledge of science and technology issues, programs and sources is required, as well as experience evaluating, developing and implementing technology. Minimum requirements include:
- Significant experience interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and diverse clientele at the federal, state and local economic development level.
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively with small teams.
- Understanding of and ability to work with individuals at many levels within business, labor, government and quasi-public institutions.
- Demonstrated public relations skills in exchanging information as well as negotiating and resolving issues with companies and development partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work well independently.